If you ever wanted someone to help you improve on your watercolour painting technical skills or have been wondering how watercolour blending techniques works, this is the class for you as Lucinda will teach you how to gain mastery and a joyful practice over watercolour.
In this highly immersive and experiential workshop, let Lucinda observes the way you paint so that she can help you to correct and improve your watercolour painting techniques on the spot. You'll see how the results immediately. Lucinda have taught over 150 botanical art workshops and has been a creative coach and lecturer in the arts/design field for over 11 years.
Through a series of demonstrations, one-on-one guidance and practice on our watercolour activity worksheets specially created just for you by Lucinda for this workshop, you will learn an invaluable range of painting skills and tips to gain confidence over your own practice:
- Wet-in-Wet: Learn about ultimate guide to water ratio and timing.
- How to achieve an attractive mix and blend of colours without it turning murky or chalky.
- How to maintain the translucency and vibrancy of watercolours
- Common troubleshooting tips
- Colour Blending: how to achieve a smooth blend of gradual colours
- Wet-on-dry: Lucinda will simplify the essential steps to the dry brush techniques which often cited to be difficult and challenging.
- Tips, drills and practice to achieve details and definitions in your work
*Intermediate workshops in Sept
- Combination of painting techniques: why, how, when to use them for what effects?
- Adapting the techniques and find your own styles.
- Overcome your fears of colour mixing: how to unlock the magic combination of your colours in your palette.
- Introduce to new 'must-have' colours for your palette. Lucinda reveals her secretcolours!
- Discovering pathways around challenging colours such as whites, black and yellow flora.
Each workshop, you'll be guided on how to improve your art drawing and painting techniques by a trained and professional botanical artist's perspective. A major plus is that we'll always use live botanical subjects as the basis of your practice. So you'll get a surprise in Lucinda's studio at each workshop.
This workshop is ideal or beginners or watercolour hobbyists who wish to learn how to improve your watercolour techniques to access the joyful and meditative practice of watercolour.
We also encourage and provide an in-depth study for our students to further enhance their understanding and delve into their love for the world of botanical art and nature through our 4 week botanical art course. We look forward to nurture your creative journey through our unique holistic art practice with plants and nature.
For other workshops, course, small-group or corporate workshops and overseas creative retreats, write to us at email@example.com for enquiries
I look forward to welcoming you to the studio and sharing the love of nature, beauty and art in our creative date together.
Dates: 16 June 2018, Saturday
Time: 2.00pm to 5.00pm
Venue: Within Studio, Little India. We'll send you the address during your registration of our course placement via email.
-3 hr workshop
- Botanical materials are provided.
- Water jars & napkins are provided.
- You're to bring your own art materials comprising of: drawing materials, watercolour paper, Watercolour brush no. 1, 3, 5. or 1, 2, ,4, 6. A palette. Watercolours paint may be provided by Lucinda at times for the practice.
Bookings: 12 seats sell out swiftly, book early to secure a placement in our workshops, course and creative retreats contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.