Q: What are the courses and workshops available at Within?
• Botanical Floral Watercolour and Illustration Course - 8 classes, valid for 12 weeks: S$855
• Botanical Floral Watercolour and Illustration Course - 4 classes, valid for 6 weeks: S$480
• Botanical Floral Watercolour and Illustration Course – Single class: $138
• *NEW Watercolour Pencils in Sept – 4 classes consecutively $550 comes with Faber-Castell 24 Albrecht Durer Watercolour Pencils set, double-hole sharpener & clic-n-go brush (worth $90).
• ‘Art & Tea Series’ – Botanical Art Workshops combined with delectable high tea offerings in intimate luxe settings: different prices apply
• Collaborative thematic art workshops with our partners
• ‘Art of Nature’ Journeys – overseas full-immersion creative retreats / art holidays (5 days)
• ‘Art of Nature’ Creative Retreats – for social groups and corporations that are held in Singapore (1 or 2 days)
Q: What does the botanical watercolour classes entail?
The unique botanical floral watercolour and illustration classes are helmed by Lucinda Law and created for botanical art enthusiasts who want to learn watercolour painting and drawing techniques in a structured manner with outlined objectives. Expect live demonstrations, step-by-step instructions and one-to-one guidance in an intimate studio environ. The course aims to provide a deeper understanding of botanical drawing, watercolour techniques, brushworks, colour mixing, tonal values etc. Each week, the participants will discover and study a new flower or different plant, with renewed appreciation and interest in nature and its beauty. Suitable for adult and young art learners with no prior training in watercolour painting, the course allows the participants to practise their art on a continual basis and develop their own style.
Q: How long are the classes valid for?
• The 8-classes course is valid for 12 weeks. The 4-classes course is valid for 6 weeks. The validity period starts from the first class you attend, so do take note of the start date and expiry date of your classes. We will register your attendance for each class and send monthly reminders.
• If you have a medical reason or other life events that require you to take a pause in the course, please write in and we’ll extend the time period for you.
Q: When and where are the classes held?
• The regular classes are held on Friday from 10:30am to 1:00pm, and Saturday, 10:30am to 1:00pm, and 2:30pm to 5:00pm.
• You can choose to come for classes on either one or both days.
• Seats are booked on a first-come-first-serve basis on our online booking system.
• Our studio is located at 22 Rowell Road in Little India. It is a corner ground floor unit of a row of white conservation houses. Nearest MRT: Farrer Park station at City Square Mall.
Q: When and where are the other botanical workshops held?
• The ‘Art & Tea Series’ and collaborative thematic workshops are held on a monthly basis at various venues.
• Each workshop is priced differently depending on the programme.
• Bookings can be made on Peatix or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: Who is the instructor?
• Lucinda Law is a botanical watercolour artist (MAFA) and an arts/design educator for more than 13 years. She has worked on commissioned works and designe bespoke nature-led creative workshops for clients such as Chanel, Bentley, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, arper’s Bazaar SG/ Indi, Kate Spade, Melissa, Uniqlo, Clinique, Clarins tc. She is the first artist to show her botanical illustrations on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar S and she i also the first artist in Singapore to e appointed as the Faber-Castell Singapore Art & Graphic Ambassador.
Q: How big is the class size?
• The class size averages 8-16 persons.
• Classes require a minimum number of 3 persons to proceed.
Q: How do I book my classes?
• After filling up our online registration form and payment of the class package has gone through via bank transfer, we will send you a link to our booking system to reserve your class dates.
Q: What happens if I can’t make it to the booked class?
• You can cancel your class 3 days before the actual day (for eg cancel on Wednesday before Saturday class) and you won’t be penalized. This is to free up the seat for others.
• If you are unable to make it to the class at the last minute, you will have 1 ‘free pass’ to cancel it. Thereafter if you miss the class again, the class will be forfeited in your package.
• Please inform us if you are unable to come because our classes require a minimum number of 3 people to proceed.
Q: What happens if I am unable to use up my classes within the validity period?
• If the classes are not used up by the expiry date, they will be forfeited with no refund.
• The course is non-refundable and transferable.
Q: Are the materials and tools included in the class package?
• A complimentary gift set is provided for participants who sign up for the 8-class course which includes:
- 3 x Castell 9000 pencils (3H, HB & 3B)
- 1 x Palette filled with curated high-quality watercolour tube paints from Winsor & Newton, Daniel Smith, Daler & Rowney
- 1 x list of watercolour names + study chart
- Daley & Rowney 300gsm 10x C5 paper
• Complimentary tea is provided for the classes.